Open Access Resources
To find out more about Open Access, please visit the following resources:
- SPARC – The Scholarly Publishing and Academic Resources Coalition was developed by the Association of Research Libraries (ARL) to promote change toward open access in scholarly communication.
- Create Change – Create Change was developed by SPARC and the Association of College and Research Libraries (ACRL) to educate faculty and authors about the new model of scholarly communication.
- Open Access Newsletter - Hosted by SPARC, Peter Suber’s monthly open access newsletter provides timely information about legislative and academic issues regarding open access. Back issues of the newsletter can be found here.
- Open Access Overview - This overview by Peter Suber is a comprehensive look at the open access model of scholarly communication.
- - The Scholarly Communication Toolkit was put together by the American Library Association and presents the major issues in scholarly communication as they relate to libraries, authors and researchers.
- Directory of Open Access Journals – The Directory of Open Access Journal lists thousands of journals in various academic fields that make their content freely available online.
- SHERPA/RoMEO - The SHERPA group has compiled a list of many publishers' policies towards open access and has used a color-coding scheme to identify them.
- OpenDOAR - OpenDOAR is an online directory of academic open access repositories. Each repository in the directory is visited and verified as scholarly by project staff.