Repository: Getting Started
What is OAK Trust?
OAK Trust (Digital Repository) is an open access digital repository for collecting, preserving, and distributing the scholarly output of the Texas A&M University and its partners. It provides increased access to the products of the University's research and scholarship endeavors, fosters the preservation of these digital works for future generations, promotes increasingly rapid advances in scholarly communication, and helps deepen community understanding of the value of higher education.
Information for Colleges / Departments / Units
OAK Trust (Digital Repository) supports a simple hierarchy structure composed of Communities and Collections. Communities in OAK Trust (Digital Repository) may be colleges, departments, research centers, or other groups. Communities contain Collections, and Collections hold digital works.
Each Collection should be part of a Community, and have an assigned Collection Administrator who will:
- Supply contact information to the OAK Trust (Digital Repository) Administrator.
- If desired, create a template for describing items. See the
- Determine the Collection's submission workflow.
- If desired, create additional Collection policies that do not conflict with the OAK Trust (Digital Repository)'s umbrella policies: , , , , and .
- Supply and maintain a Collection Description for the collection's landing page, if desired.
Information for Individuals
Log in to the Repository using your NetID.
All Texas A&M faculty are automatically authorized to deposit their works in the Faculty Publications collection.
Ready to begin?
Do you need more information?
We are happy to answer any questions you have about OAK Trust (Digital Repository). Contact us and we will assist you.